“O you who believe! when the call is made for (the Congregational) Prayer on Friday then hasten to extol the name of Allah and leave off all business. That is best for you if you only knew.” [ALLAH’S Quran – 62:9]
The Prophet (Peace Be Upon Him) has said:
1. [Sunan Abudawud, Book #3, Hadith #1051] Narrated Abdullah ibn Amr: The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: The Friday prayer is obligatory on him who hears the call.
2. [Sunan Abudawud, Book#3, Hadith #1062] Narrated Tariq ibn Shihab: The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: The Friday prayer in congregation is a necessary duty for every Muslim, with four exceptions; a slave, a woman, a boy, and a sick person.
3. [Sunan Abudawud, Book #1, Hadith #0342] Narrated Hafsah, Ummul Mu’minin: The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: It is necessary for every adult (person) to go for (saying) Friday (prayer), and for everyone who goes for Friday (prayer) washing is necessary.
4. [Bukhari, Book #13, Hadith #6] Narrated Abu Huraira: Allah’s Apostle (p.b.u.h) said, “Any person who takes a bath on Friday like the bath of Janaba and then goes for the prayer (in the first hour i.e. early), it is as if he had sacrificed a camel (in Allah’s cause); and whoever goes in the second hour it is as if he had sacrificed a cow; and whoever goes in the third hour, then it is as if he had sacrificed a horned ram; and if one goes in the fourth hour, then it is as if he had sacrificed a hen; and whoever goes in the fifth hour then it is as if he had offered an egg. When the Imam comes out (i.e. starts delivering the Khutba), the angels present themselves to listen to the Khutba.”
5. [Bukhari, Book #13, Hadith #51] Narrated Abu Huraira: The Prophet said, “When it is a Friday, the angels stand at the gate of the mosque and keep on writing the names of the persons coming to the mosque in succession according to their arrivals. The example of the one who enters the mosque in the earliest hour is that of one offering a camel (in sacrifice). The one coming next is like one offering a cow and then a ram and then a chicken and then an egg respectively. When the Imam comes out (for Jumua prayer) they (i.e. angels) fold their papers and listen to the Khutba.”