The Prophecy of the Holy Prophet Sallalaahu Alaihi wasallam about his passing away of Fathima radiallahu taala anhu being the first to join him from his family and The Leader of the women in Jannah.
Narrated By Ummul Monineen Ayesha Sidqiqa radiallahu taala anhu
Ayeshah (radiallhu taala anhu ) narrates, “Fatimah (radiallahu taala anhu) came
and her way of walking was just like that of the Holy Prophet (Sallalaahu Alaihi wasallam). The Holy Prophet (Sallalaahu Alaihi wasallam). welcomed his beloved daughter and seated her on his right hand side or on the left hand side. Then he whispered something to her which made her cry. So I asked her why she was crying. Then the Holy Prophet whispered something to her and she laughed. So I said, ‘I have never seen happiness so close to sadness as I have seen today.’ I asked (Fatimah [radiallahu taala anhu ] ), ‘What did the Holy Prophet say?’ She replied, ‘I cannot disclose the secret of the Messenger of Allah .’ When the Holy Prophet passed away I asked her again (about this incident)
and she replied, ‘The Holy Prophet whispered to me, ‘Every year Jibraeel recites the whole of the Quran with me once but this year he has recited it twice. I am sure that the end of my time in this world has come and indeed you are the first from my family who will come to me.’ This made me cry. Then the Holy Prophet whispered, ‘Are you not happy with the fact that you are the leader of the women of Paradise or the leader of all Muslim women To this I laughed.’”
1. Bukhari, as-Sahih (3:1326, 1327#3426,3427)
2. Muslim, as-Sahih (4:1904#2450)
3. Ahmad bin Hambal, al-Musnad (6:282)
Abu Hurairah (adiallahu taala anhu) narrates that the Holy Prophet (Sallalaahu Alaihi wasallam) said, “An angel in the skies who had not seen me requested permission from Allah (Subhaana taala) to see me (which he was granted); he told me the good news or brought me the news that Fatimah (radiallahu taala anhu ) is the leader of all women in my nation.
1. Tabarani, al -Mujam-ul-kabir (22:403#1006)
2. Bukhari, at -Tarikh-ul-kabir (1:232#728)
3. Haythami said in Majma-uz-zawaid (9:201) this tradition has been narrated by Tabarani and has declared its narrators sahih (sound) except Muhammad bin Marwan Zahl
While Ibn Hibban has declared Muhammad bin Marwan Zahli as very sound
Hudhaifah (radiallahu taala anhu ) narrates that the Holy Prophet Sallalaahu Alaihi wasallam said, “There is an angel who before tonight had never come down to earth, asked permission from his Lord to offer salam (salutations) to me and to deliver the good news to me that Fat’imah (radiallahu taala anhu ) is the leader of all women of Paradise and Hasan (radiallahu taala anhu ) and Husain (radiallahu taala anhu) are the leaders of all the youngsters in Paradise
1. Tirmidhi, al -Jami-us-sahih (5:660#3781)
2. Nasai, as-Sunan-ul -kubra (5:80, 95#8298,8365)
3. Nasai, Fadhail -us-sahabah (p.58,72#193,260)
4. Ahmad bin Hambal, al-Musnad (5:391)
5. Ahmad bin Hambal, Fadai l-us-sahabah (2:788#1406)
6. Ibn Abi Shaybah, al -Musannaf (6:388#32271)
7. Hakim, al-Mustadrak (3:164#4721,4722)
8. Tabarani, al -Mujam-ul-kabir (22:402#1005)
9. Bayhaqi, al-Itiqad (p.328)
10. Muhibb Tabari, Dhakhai r-ul -uqba fi -manaqib dhaw-il -qurba (p.224)
Abdullah Ibn Abbas (radiallahu taala anhu) narrates that Holy Prophet (Sallalaahu Alaihi wasallam) said to Fatimah ( radiallahu taala anhu ), “From my household you will be the first to join me.”
1. Ahmad bin Hambal, Fadai l-us-sahabah (2:764#1345)
2. Ahmad bin Hambal narrated the same t radit ion inal -Ilal wa marifa -ur-rij al (2:408#2828) through Jafar bin Amr bin Umayah as well.
3. Abu Nuaym, Hilayat -ul -awl i ya wa tabaqat -ul -asf i ya
The Passing away of Fathima radiallahu taala anhu
Umm Salma (radiallahu taala anhu ) narrates, “When Fatimah (radiallahu taala anhu ) had the illness which took her life, I nursed her. During this time, on one occasion her condition was slightly better one morning. Ali ( radiallahu taala anhu ) had gone out for some job. Fatimah said, ‘O mother! Bring some water for me to bathe.’ I brought some water and as far as I saw she bathed perfectly. Then she said, ‘O mother, bring me new clothes’ so I gave her clothes to her and she put them on. Then she said, ‘O mother! Make my bed for me in the middle of the house,’ so I did accordingly. Then she laid down, faced towards the Kabah, placed her hand under her cheek and said, ‘O mother! It is time for my death and I have purified myself . Do not let anybody undress me.’ Fatimah (radiallahu taala anhu ) passed away in that very position.”
Umm Salmah continues, “Then Ali (radiallahu taala anhu ) came back and I informed him of Fatimah’s (radiallahu taala anhu ) death.
1. Ahmad bin Hambal, Fadail-us-sahabah (2:629, 725#
On Judgement Day, everyone will lower their gaze on the arrival of Fatimah(radiallahu taala anhu)
Ayeshah ( radiallahu taala anhu ) narrates that the Holy Prophet Sallalaahu Alaihi wasallam said, “On the Day of Judgement an announcer will announce, ‘Lower your gazes so that Fatimah the daughter of Muhammad Sallalaahu Alaihi wasallam can pass.’”
1. Khatib Baghdadi, Tari kh Baghdad (8:142)
2. Muhibb Tabari, Dhakhai r-ul -uqba fi manaqib dhaw-il –
Abu Hurairah (radiallahu taala anhu) narrates this marfu tradition that on the
Day of Judgement a voice from the depths of the Throne will call out, “Oh people of mahshar! Bow your heads and lower your gazes until Fatimah ( radiallahu taala anhu) passes through towards Paradise.
1. Ajlawni, Kashf-ul -khifa wa muzil -ul -ilbas (1:101#263)
2. Hindi, Kanz-ul -ummal (12:106#34211)
3. Hindi said in Kanz-ul -ummal (12:106#34210) that Abu Bakr Muhammad Abdu’Uah-b-Ibrahim narrated it in al -Ghilaniyat through Abu Ayyub Ansari.
4. Khat ib Baghdadi related it in Tarikh Baghdad (8:141)
through Ayeshah with slightly different words.
5. Haytami said in as-Sawaiq-ul -muhriqah (2:557) Abu Bakr Muhammad Abdu’Uah-b-Ibrahim narrated it in al-Ghilaniyat.
[Extracted From Tahir ul Qadri’s Book Virtues of Sayida Fathima radiallahu taala anhu ]