Good conduct and noble character are the most valuable and precious assets of any human society. They are the treasures of pride for any individual. Courtesy is a virtue, because a refined mind cultivates good habits, performs good deeds, and avoids all that is bad and corrupt.
Prophet Mohammed’s (Sallallahu-A’layhi-Wasallam’s) Character
1) Allah, the Exalted, says:”And verily, you (O Muhammad (PBUH)) are on an exalted (standard of) character.” (Quran Surah 68/4)
2) The Holy Quraan states: “Surely there is for you the best example in the Messenger of Allah (Muhammad Sallallahu-Alayhi-Wasallam), for whoever seeks the pleasure of Allah and the Last Day, and remembers Allah often (much).” (Surah Al-Ahzaab 33/21)
3) Anas (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) was the best of all the people in behavior.
[Al-Bukhari volume 8/221 book 73 and Muslim]
4) Anas (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: I never felt any piece of velvet or silk softer than the palm of the Messenger of Allah (PBUH), nor did I smell any fragrance more pleasant than the smell of Messenger of Allah (PBUH). I served him for ten years, and he never said ‘Uff’ (an expression of disgust) to me. He never said ‘why did you do that?’ for something I had done, nor did he ever say ‘why did you not do such and such’ for something I had not done.
[Al-Bukhari volume 8/64 book 73 and Muslim Chapter 13-Book 030 #5720].
Which Type of Conduct Is Desired From Human Beings
1) “The Jannah is prepared for those who spend during ease and hardship, who repress anger, and who pardon the people.” (3/133-134)
2) Abdullah bin ‘Amr mentioned Allah’s Apostle saying that he was neither a Fahish nor a Mutafahish. Abdullah bin ‘Amr added, Allah’s Apostle said, ‘The best among you are those who have the best manners and character.’ (Bukhari 8/56 Book 73)
3) Narrated Jarir bin ‘Abdullah: The Prophet said, “He who is not merciful to others, will not be treated mercifully. (Bukhari 8/42 Book 73)
4) Narrated Anas bin Malik: Allah’s Apostle said, “Do not hate one another, and do not be jealous of one another, and do not desert each other, and O, Allah’s worshipers! Be brothers. Lo! It is not permissible for any Muslim to desert (not talk to) his brother (Muslim) for more than three days.” (Bukhari 8/73 Book 73)
5) Narrated ‘Aisha: The Prophet said “Gabriel continued to recommend me about treating the neighbors kindly and politely so much so that I thought he would order me to make them as my heirs. (Bukhari 8/43 Book 73)
6) Nawwas bin Sam’an (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: I asked Messenger of Allah (PBUH) about virtue and sin, and he said, “Virtue is noble behavior, and sin is that which creates doubt and you do not like people to know about it.”[Muslim Bk 032 #6195].