Occasions On Which To Recite Durood Sharif
It should be remembered that it is compulsory to write or recite Durood when writing the name of Rasulullaah صلى الله عليه وسلم,
or when saying his name. This is greatly emphasized in the Hadith and there are grave warnings for the person who goes against this teaching. Also, it is necessary to write the entire Durood after the name of Rasulullaah صلى الله عليه وسلم. The command of Durood will not be fulfilled by writing (saw) or any other shortened form, nor will a person get reward.
يَا رَبِّ صَلِّ وَ سَلَّمِ دَائِمًا اَبَدًا عَلٰى حَبِيْبِكَ خَيْرِ الْخَلْقِ كُلِّهِمْ
1. When passing by a Masjid.
2. When seeing a Masjid.
3. After completing Azaan.
4. On the night of Jumu’ah.
5. On the day of Jumu’ah.
6. On the day of Jumu’ah after Asr.
7. On Monday.
8. In the khutbah of Jumu’a and Eid.
9. During the Takbeeraat of Eid.
10. After the second Takbeer of Janazah Salaah.
11. When placing the deceased into the grave.
12. In the Salaah of Istisqaa-for rain.
13. In the khutbah of Kusoof and Khusoof.
14. When seeing the ka’bah.
15. During Hajj.
16. On Safa and Marwa.
17. When making istilaam of the Hijr e Aswad.
18. At the Multazam.
19. After Zuhr on the day of ‘arafah.
20. In Masjid e Khayf.
21. After completing Talbiyah.
22. When seeing Madinah Munawwarah.
23. When visiting the blessed grave.
24. When completing and leaving the visiting of the blessed grave.
25. When witnessing the signs of Madinah Munawwarah.
26. At Badr.
27. At Uhud etc.
28. In all conditions and at every time.
29. In order to be free from something grave.
30. When meeting relatives and those beloved to one.
31. When going to a gathering.
32. When leaving and separating from a gathering.
33. When completing the Qur’an (at the time of Du’aa).
34. In the Du’aa for memorizing the Qur’an.
35. When getting up from a gathering.
36. Every time when Allah is remembered.
37. When beginning every speech.
38. When mentioning and remembering Rasulullaah e.
39. At the time when spreading and teaching knowledge.
40. When delivering a lecture.
41. When reciting Ahadith.
42. When writing a fatwa.
43. When writing the name of Rasulullaah صلى الله عليه وسلم