Ten Useless Things
- Knowledge that is not acted on.
- The deed that has no sincerity.
- Money that is hoarded, as the owner neither enjoys it during this life nor obtains any reward for it in the Hereafter.
- The heart that is empty of love and longing for Allah, and of seeking closeness to Him.
- A body that does not obey and serve Allah.
- Loving Allah without following His orders or seeking His pleasure.
- Time that is not spent in expiating sins or seizing opportunities to do good.
- A mind that thinks about useless matters.
- Serving those who do not bring you close to Allah, nor benefit you in your life.
- Hoping and fearing those who themselves are under the authority of Allah; while they cannot bring any benefit or harm. – Al-Fawa’id
A great scholar, Ibnul Qayyim Al-Jawziyyah (d. 751H) was also known as the ‘doctor of hearts’. He was a prominent student of Sheikh-Al-Islam Ibn Taymiyyah.
– By Ibnul Qayyim Al-Jawziyyah