Performing Wudu For Your Daily Prayers
- Niyyat – Make intention to perform Wudu in one’s mind for the purpose of worshipping Allah Subhanahu wa ta’ala.
- Bismillah – Invoking Allah at the start of Wudu by saying Bismillah (in the Name of Allah)
- Hands – Wash the hands 3 times up to the wrists with water, allowing water to run between the fingers.
- Mouth – Rinsing the mouth with water three times. The mouth must be empty of food.
- Nose – Cleaning one’s nostrils by sniffing water in then out 3 times.
- Face – Clean the face 3 times from the top of the forehead down to the chin and from ear to ear.
- Arms – Wash the arms three times, from the elbows. Right arm first, then left.
- Head – Moisten the hands and pass them over the head from the forehead to the back of the neck (over the head), and from there back to the forehead. Never wet the neck. Then wipe the earlobes with the fore-fingers cleaning the inside of the ears and the thumbs cleaning the external side.
- Feet – Finally wash both feet beginning with the right first, up to the ankles. The feet should be rubbed whilst washed and water must run between the toes. No part of the foot remains dry.