The Excellence of Durood Shareef as explained in the Ahadeeth
“Hadith” is an Arabic word which means “Holy Sayings”. It is the narration of all the affectionate words of advice uttered by the Holy Prophet Muhammad (Sall Allahu â€˜alaihi wa Salim) from time to time. These sayings (Ahadith) are instructions offered for the guidance of mankind, and to follow them is as important as daily prayers.
The famous books of Hadith are the following: Sahih Bukhari, Sahih Muslim, Tirmidhi, Abu Dawud, Muwatta, Nisaai’, Ibn-Majah, Darmi, Baihaqi and Miskhaat Shareef.
Imam Bukhari (radi Allahu anhu), the compiler of Bukhari Shareef, took the greatest and painstaking precautions in making his collections of Ahadith and exerted to his utmost to achieve all accuracy and reliability as possible. Hence, Ahadith quoted by Imam Bukhari (radi Allahu anhu) and his work on Ahadith stands as one of the wonders of intellectual achievement in Islamic History. He wrote all Ahadith in the sacred Haram of Madina Munawwarah. It is, therefore, that most of the Ahadith have been taken from the book of Bukhari Shareef.
Important Ahadith of the Holy Prophet (Sall Allahu â€˜alaihi wa Salim) have been included here for the betterment, benefit guidance and gain of the readers of this book. If followed, the reader of these sayings will receive a permit to Paradise even in this world. Every saying opens door to Divine favour and sure success.
1. For every Durood Shareef that you recite, ten sins are forgiven, ten good deeds are entered into your sheet of actions and ten position are upgraded.
2. Allah showers ten blessings on the man who recites a Durood.
3. The first man who will meet the Prophet (Sall Allahu â€˜alaihi wa Salim) on the Day of Judgement will be that person who had recited the Durood maximum number of times in his life time.
4. Those who recite Durood in maximum number will be nearest and dearest to the Holy Prophet (Sall Allahu â€˜alaihi wa Salim) in the next world.
5. If any one is involved in a difficulty then he must recite countless number of Durood Shareefs.
6. Reciting Durood Shareef eradicates poverty and hunger.
7. If the Sawaab of the Durood Shareef is dedicated to another person, then that person will receive the Sawaab, while the Sawaab of the reciter will not be lessened.
8. Reciting excessive Durood Shareef brings purity.
9. Reciting maximum number of Durood Shareef is full compensation of all sins.
10. Any one who recites excessive Durood Shareef in this world will be safe and sound in the next world.
11. When a prayer is made to Allah it is never accepted unless praise of Allah Ta’ala and Durood Shareef on the Holy Prophet (Sall Allahu â€˜alaihi wa Salim) is first of all recited.
12. Those who recite Durood quite often will see Divine Light on the dark Day of Judgement.
13. Three persons will be under the cool shade and the favours of Allah Ta’ala on the Doom’s Day. One who kept the Holy Prophet’s (Sall Allahu â€˜alaihi wa Salim) Sunnah alive, one who removed difficulty of a fellow being and one who recited maximum number of Durood Shareef in his life time.
14. When you forget anything and your memory fails to recollect it, then recite Durood, you will remember the forgotten thing.
15. Reciting Durood in this world is rewarding in the next.
16. The reciter of 10 Duroods in the morning and 10 in the evening will receive the help of the Holy Prophet (Sall Allahu â€˜alaihi wa Salim) on the Day of Judgement.
17. One who recites Durood Shareef near the shrine of the Holy Prophet (Sall Allahu â€˜alaihi wa Salim) is heard by him there and then alone.
18. Any one who recites Durood is just as one who purchased a slave and freed him.
19. If a Durood is written in a book by someone Angels of Allah shower blessings on him till the Durood remains in that book.
20. The Holy Prophet (Sall Allahu â€˜alaihi wa Salim) said that he himself recites blessings on one who recites Durood on him.
21. Any one who wants to meet his Allah with a happy face must recite countless number of Durood Shareef.
22. Reward equivalent to a big mountain (Uhud) is given to one who recites one Durood.
23. All people will be presented to the Holy Prophet (Sall Allahu â€˜alaihi wa Salim) with their habits, natures and distinct manner, so it is obligatory for a man to recite maximum number of Durood.
24. Allah is Great and Almighty to forgive all sins of the reciter during the day and night when he recites Durood Shareef.
25. If any one meets in a tragedy, he should recite Durood Shareef in countless numbers.
26. Reciting Durood is like giving something in charity.
27. Reciting maximum number of Durood kills all hardships.
28. Recite Durood Shareef in countless number on Friday, as it is presented to me (the Holy Prophet).
29. Bad deeds of 200 years (equivalent) are obliterated if a man recites 100 Durood on Friday.
30. Anyone who recites Durood will overcome all their troubles.
31. If the name of the Holy Prophet (Sall Allahu â€˜alaihi wa Salim) is mentioned and one who hears it but does not recite Durood Shareef, understand that he has forgotten the path to Paradise.
32. “I pray for all those who recite Durood on me”, said the Holy Prophet (Sall Allahu â€˜alaihi wa Salim).
33. If any one recites Durood Shareef from any place, any part of the world from any distance, it actually reaches the Holy Prophet (Sall Allahu â€˜alaihi wa Salim) immediately. Allah Ta’ala has appointed several Angels who are given exclusive duty to collect all Durood Shareef and present the same before the Holy Prophet (Sall Allahu â€˜alaihi wa Salim) immediately.
34. Angels of Allah shower 70 blessings on a man who recites Durood once.
35. Whenever you hear the call of prayers (Azaan) you should recite Durood.
36. Wherever you are, from any quarter of the world, you must recite Durood as it reaches the Holy Prophet (Sall Allahu â€˜alaihi wa Salim).
37. Ablution is not complete if Durood is not recited on it.
38. The Holy Prophet (Sall Allahu â€˜alaihi wa Salim) said to his wife that any one who hears the name of the Holy Prophet (Sall Allahu â€˜alaihi wa Salim) and does not recite Durood on him will not see the beautiful face of Prophet (Sall Allahu â€˜alaihi wa Salim) on the Day of the Judgement.
39. Sayyiduna Ali (radi Allahu anhu) reports that Rasoolullah (Sall Allahu â€˜alaihi wa Salim) said, “The real miser is he in whose presence I am mentioned and then he fails to recite Salat on me”.
40. If a person recites 1 000 Durood Shareef daily, he will never die unless he himself sees his place in Heaven with his own eyes.
41. The Durood Shareef that is recited by the person is written with a Golden Pen on a Silver tablet by the Angels. The Angels then present this Durood Shareef to Sayyiduna Rasoolullah (Sall Allahu â€˜alaihi wa Salim) and proclaim, “O Habeeb of Allah! The son of such and such a person has presented this gift in your majestic court”.