Why Our Dua’s Are Not Answered
IBRAHEEM IBN Adham (may Allah have mercy on him), a teacher and a companion of Sufyaan Ath-Thawree (d. 161H), was asked, “We supplicate and we are not answered.”
So he replied:
- You know Allah, yet you do not obey Him.
- You recite the Qur’an, yet you do not act according to it.
- You know Satan, yet you have agreed with him.
- You proclaim that you love Muhammad (peace be upon him), yet you abandon his Sunnah.
- You proclaim your love for Paradise, yet you do not act to gain it.
- You proclaim your fear the Fire, yet you do not prevent yourselves from sins.
- You say “Indeed death is true”, yet you have not prepared for it.
- You point out the faults with others, yet you do not look at your faults.
- You eat of what Allah has provided for you, yet you do not thank Him.
- You bury your dead, yet you do not take a lesson from it.