Don’t Do’s For Eid
- Men “beautifying” themselves by shaving the beard. This is a thing that most Muslims do, even though shaving the beard is Haraam in the Religion of Allah, the Perfect and Free from all imperfections. This (ruling) is shown in authentic narrations that contain a command to leave the beard. The beard is also from the Fitra, and it is not permissible to change the Fitra. Textual proof regarding the forbiddance of shaving the beard is found in the books of the four schools of thought.
- Shaking hands of strange women – those that are not Mahram for a man. This is one of the widespread problems that we suffer from and none is saved from it except he whom Allah has favored. This act is prohibited (Haraam) because the Prophet (peace be upon him) said: “To pierce a metal comb into a man’s head is better for him than for him to touch a woman, for whom he is not a Mahram. ” (Silsilatul Ahadeeth As-Saheehah, no. 227) This ruling is also found in the books of the four schools of thoughts.
- Imitating the non-believers and Westerners in their clothing, in listening to music and other reprehensible acts. Indeed the Prophet (peace be upon him) said: “Whosoever imitates a people then he is from them. ” (Ahmad) Also, because of the saying of the Prophet (peace be upon him): “There will be a group of people from my Ummah who will seek to make fornication, the wearing of silk, intoxicants and musical instruments permissible (Halaal). Indeed a people will stay at the side of a mountain peak and when he – i.e. a needy person comes to them in the evening asking them for aid, they will say to him, ‘Come back tomorrow.’ Allah will destroy them and cause the mountain to fall upon them and change others into apes and swine and they will remain like that until the Day of Judgement.” (Abu Dawood and Al-Baihaqee)
- Tabarruj (open display of beauty) by women. This is prohibited in the Laws of Allah. The Prophet (peace be upon him): “I have not seen two types of people from the people of the Fire: … women that are clothed but at the same time naked and are (deviated away from the obedience of Allah). Their heads are like tilted camels’ humps. These women will not enter paradise and neither will they smell its aroma; even though its aroma can be smelt from a distance of so and so.” (Saheeh Muslim)
- Being extravagant in spending. The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: “The son of Adam will not cease to be in front of his Lord on the Day of Judgement until he is asked about his…. wealth and where he gained it from and how he spent it.” (Tirmidhi)
- Abandoning prayer in the mosque by many people, without a valid excuse. Some people do not pray at all except the Eid prayers. By Allah, this is a great sin.
- Not having any compassion for the poor and the needy. The rich display their joy and happiness, eat appetizing food in front of the poor and their children, without having any sympathy to help. Allah’s Messenger (peace be upon him) said: “None of you truly believes until he wishes for his brother that which he wishes for himself ” (Al-Bukhari)