The Next World
The present world may seem to lack noting, but the order of this world has been established with the trial of man in mind. According to God’s scheme, only a world, which leads up to reward and punishment, can be considered ideal and permanent. This is not the case in the present world. So, then the period of trial is over, God will destroy this world and create another more complete one. There the evil will be separated from the righteous, and all will be confronted with the just consequences of their deeds.
The present world is full of strange paradoxes. Here, birds chant hymns of divine praise, while man recites eulogies to himself. Stares and planets continue their voyages without clashing with one another, while man willfully sets himself on a collision course with others. In this world, there is no tree, which undermines another, but men spend their lives plotting one another’s destruction. Lofty, upright trees show their meekness by casting their shadows on the ground, but if man ascends to any heights he immediately becomes arrogant.
This attitude of man is totally contrary to God’s will for His entire creation. Doomsday will erase these paradoxes, the might of all save God will be eradicated, and every will saw His will be negated.
When this period of trial has run its course, God will destroy the present world and create another one. There, the righteous and the wicked will be separated from one another.
In the name of God, Most Gracious, Most Merciful
1. When the earth is shaken in its ultimate quaking
2. And the earth ejects its loads.
3. The human will wonder: “What is happening?”
4. On that day, it will tell its news.
5. That your Lord has commanded it.
6. On that day, the people will issue from every direction, to be shown their works.
7. Whoever does an atom’s weight of good will see it.
8. And whoever does an atom’s weight of evil will see it.
Sura 99: The Quake (Al-Zalzalah)